04 September 2008

Website of the Day

I've decided to start saving more money. New York City is the most expensive city to live in the USA, and one of the most expensive in the WORLD, so I'm convinced that there have to be ways to cut back. Some of my recent "small changes" towards keeping more money in my pocket:

No more starbucks coffee- prices are higher in NYC, and a medium plain old coffee is still costing about $3.50! I'm drinking more water, or heading over to McDonalds for coffee.

Bank of America "keep the change"- all your purchases are rounded to the nearest dollar (easier to balance your checkbook!) and the money goes directly to your savings account.

Making meals at home vs. delivery or eating out (but I admit, we've cheated a lot this summer because using the oven makes our apartment SO hot!)

www.Restaurant.com- buy gift certificates CHEAP! You can buy $25 gift certificates for $10 (sometimes cheaper!) and print them out from your computer.

www.cellfire.com- delivers coupons to your cell phone. iPhone has an application just for this- download the application, go to the store, show them your cellphone with the coupon on it, and they type in the code from your cell to give you the discount.

So, this brings me to my website of the day: www.budgetbarbie.com It's a fun website with tons of articles and tips.

If you have any budget friendly ideas, or other ways to save me some moolah (besides moving OUT of New York!) leave your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...