18 September 2008

Gym Rat

I'm back to my gym rat habits- I'm happy to report that in the last 11 days, I've been to the gym 9 times! I've started working out in the afternoons, for my lunch hour. I'm getting ready to go right now, actually. The gym is only 2 blocks from my office, so I can be there in no time. If I go around 1:30 or 1:45, it's basically empty! It's kind of nice when there's not a lot of people working out, because you can put in a full effort and go non-stop, using whatever equipment you want.

Summer's over, vacation's over, and now it's back to reality. I enjoyed my margaritas, cupcakes, and french fries, but I realize that you can't have a banging body AND still eat all that junk. This week, I'm already down 2.6lbs, and my goal is to lose a steady 2 per week. The first few weeks that you start a diet/exercise program, you always lose more, so although I'm appreciative that I've lost more than my goal, I'm trying to be prepared for when the scale stops moving so fast (it's inevitable!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...