29 September 2008

Got my hair DID



This weekend, I was in Philly to sing with the worship team at Fairview Village church. I always try to schedule a hair appointment when I'm going to be in Philly for the weekend because I STILL haven't found a hairdresser in NYC, since moving 2 years ago!
My man is ENNIO, the salon owner at Ennio Salon, on Germantown Pike. He is awesome, and if you live in the area and need a stylist or know of someone who is looking for a great salon- I recommend him 100%! I've never had any of the other stylists do my hair- just him, so I'm not sure about how the other stylists work, but he is a GENIUS. He did a process for my roots first (because they are light grey with LOTS of white strands!) Yes, it's true- I'm 27 and I would have grey and white hair if I didn't color it at all! Can you believe that? My mom (sorry ma!) started going grey at 16, and I myself started finding white hairs when I was 15 or so!
So, after the roots were filled in with color, he did a platinum/champagne highlight (super fine and thin, which is what I like. I hate streaks and chunky highlights- I like it to have texture almost like animal fur) and then he did an all over color that is a bit darker than usual- a soft coffee blond. He trimmed just the ends, for health. I told him NO LAYERS because it's chaos when I let my hair go curly when I have layers cut in- I get what I call the "mushroom effect," where the shorter layers on top end up pouffy like a mushroom.
Then, he and another stylist blowdried my hair TANDEM with two dryers (it takes forever to dry- another reason why I have been letting it air dry curly!) and then he flat ironed it and sealed it with a gloss. I had to take pictures because after I go to the gym this afternoon, it will never look the same! I can never get it this straight and shiny on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...