17 September 2008

Show me Vegan

I’ve been experimenting with organic food and healthy living, and I found this great website FILLED with vegan recipes. Now, before you launch off about how vegan is stupid or how much you love meat, save it. I love meat too, and I think a healthy diet includes all food groups- meat included. I even like “gross meats” that some people won’t eat, like HOT DOGS (mmmm!) Give me a McDonald’s hamburger any day and I’m satisfied! But since I found out about hormones, pesticides, and the unethical way that SOME slaughterhouses treat animals, it made me think about adding some vegan/vegetarian habits into our lives. Another good reason to try meatless meals? The COST of meat and even cheese is skyrocketing!

We have decided that we would try to incorporate some meatless meals into our lifestyle once or twice a week. I found this awesome blog called “show me vegan” that has recipes that actually LOOK good! Even simple ideas like mashed potato and soy cheese quesadillas…YUM! ( And I’m sure no one will care if you use regular cheese if soy cheese is a little too extreme for you. )

Check it out- doesn’t the food look GOOD?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...