09 January 2009

Bugg

Hiya, folks!
Got my BodyBugg yesterday, and set it up at home last night. I have to admit, the installation instructions and procedure is pretty lengthy and there's a significant amount of software and updates you have to download when installing the BodyBugg. Plus, I searched everywhere for the bloody serial number, to register the thing, and finally figured out that you have to remove it from the band and turn it on it's side to find the number. (Hey, I know it's not astro-physics, but couldn't they have just SAID that in the manual?)

So it takes a while to charge the battery (which charges once you plug it into the USB port on your computer.) Also, if you're thinking of purchasing one yourself, don't buy it from the bodybugg.com website. Instead, do like I did and go to 24hrfitness.com and buy it there. Instead of $349 for the device and the wireless digital read-out watch, you pay just $249 and get the watch thingy for FREE. Good to know!!

So, it walks you through a pretty thorough questionnaire about your eating and exercise habits, and tailors a fitness and nutrition plan based on your personal quiz. The website is very user friendly, and easy to use, and the digital watch is a MUST because you can always check your pedometer, calories burned, and activity (oh yeah, and the TIME...remember, it's a watch too!) And the watch is waterproof, but the device is NOT. I mean, it's sweat proof so you can wear it when exercising, but you have to take it off for swimming or in the shower. Also, good to know!!

So, how's it work? Well, so far I'm pretty impressed! I put it on this morning, and it's very comfortable (you forget you're wearing it!) Plus, by 9am this morning, I'd already burned 1,182 calories! That's just WALKING TO WORK! I am shocked by that! I've taken 3,414 steps just getting ready for work, walking the dogs, and coming to work.

I'm aiming for a calorie deficit of 1,000 calories a day, meaning I will burn 1,000 more than I consume. Doing this, I should be able to lose 2lbs per week. If my deficit is higher, then I'll lose even more. At this rate, that should be very feasible! I'll keep you posted on my results but so far, I think this little invention is FANTASTIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...