28 January 2009

Me and the Cap'n

I freakin' love cereal. It's bad, I know- but sometimes I just HAVE to have cereal. I like to eat it for dinner, when Dan's working late and I don't have to cook. There's something so liberating about eating cereal for dinner as an adult- it's like eating cereal at 7pm is the ultimate "I can do whatever I want" thing to do! When I was a kid, me and Brad would beg mom to buy "good" cereal (AKA Candy in a cereal box) and all we got were those big bulk bags of puffed rice. I don't know if you have that in the U.S., but in Canada it kinda looked like this:Only, it was whole grain or something, so it wasn't white, it was dark brown. Ugh! Brad and I would sneak spoonfuls of sugar into it to make it a bit more desirable.
Anyway, so now that I'm a grownup, I can buy cereal and pop tarts (another delicacy we never were allowed to eat!) and eat them for dinner. My favourite cereal is Honey Combs, but I have a hard time finding it in NYC sometimes. My next favourite would be Cap'n Crunch- partly because it's CAP'N, not Captain. I just think that's funny!
So I picked up a box of CAP'N at the corner grocery store (we normally order groceries online, but I just couldn't wait!) I didn't realize the price until I got home- $6.59?! What?!
Looks like me and the Cap'n might have to end our relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...