12 January 2009

Golden Girls

Last night was the golden globes, and of course, I watched on TiVo (just stopping to see what people were wearing, and to hear Kate Winslet and Heath Ledger win awards.) On the whole, I feel like this was one of the best years as far as red-carpets fashion. Here's some of my favourites:
Love this one- the color is beautiful, and I love the modern and unique texture. Not frilly, but still very delicate. It just floats- GORGEOUS!

Eva Mendes looked AMAZING in this gown, and I love love it! The jade necklace is a statement, but not overpowering. Good balance between the hair, the bold dress, and the big necklace. Well played, Mendes.


I love me some Kate Winslet! Not only is she my favourite actress, but she's also who I consider one of the most BEAUTIFUL celebrities in Hollywood. She looked tailored and completely on point last night. Classic.


I love Heidi and Seal because I can picture Dan and I in this pose together on the red-carpet someday! Can't you picture it? Don't they seem like so much FUN to be around? Not stuffy, not arrogant- just good people.


And last but not least, my DROP DEAD favourite dress last night was this hot red number! Oh, honestly people, if I were at an awards show, THIS is the dress I would wear! Actually, I just might add this to my dream board at home so that I can be inspired. So beautiful! And I love that there's no clutter with accessories, or fancy hair- the dress stands alone. Ugh I HAVE to have this dress!


And now... with the good, comes the bad. I'm sure you'll all agree who was the WORST dressed last night: J.Lo. What was she thinking? Ok, Ok, you're hot, you just had twins, WHATEVER! Please don't hang your bits out in front of us with this unsightly gold thing. It looks like the inside of a Willy Wonka Chocolate Bar gone VERY BAD!


So, do you agree with my pics? What were YOUR favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...