23 June 2008

Day 6... ugh!

Day 6 of my 9 day regime: Ok, by now you can probably imagine that I’m pretty FREAKIN sick of chicken and asparagus. And sweet potatoes, even. I just finished eating my second meal of chicken and asparagus and sweet potato, and I had to drink a LOT of water to get it down. My strategy is to pack my mouth full with as much chicken and asparagus as possible, and then try to swallow it down fast. Then, I take a huge drink of water from my gallon jug that I keep on my desk. I can usually finish it about 3 mouthfuls this way (not including the sweet potato.)

Today, I start dehydrating and totally cutting the carbs back: only 1 serving of sweet potato, the whole day, and only 1.5 gallons of water. Tonight, I’m SO excited to introduce BEEF into my diet- oh yeah! Anything to break up the monotony of chicken and asparagus 6 times a day! So I get to eat beef in my last meal of the day! The protein shakes are keeping me from going mental- I picked up muscle milk in STRAWBERRY flavor yesterday, which is YUMMY and it’s the highlight of my whole day, even if it is chalky and mixed just with water.

The energy is definitely drained, and it will be getting worse as I slash my carbs even more. I took vitamin B12 and Ginseng this morning, in addition to my usual multi vitamin, because I could barely roll out of bed, and since milk’s not allowed, I can’t have my coffee. I kind of over-did it at the gym on Saturday, because I felt pretty dizzy and a little nauseous after my workout. I did 90 minutes of cardio, instead of 60 like I’m supposed to- but it’s because “millionaire matchmaker” was on tv, and I wanted to see how the date turned out! Sunday was better- I did 60 minutes on the stair machine and burned 515 calories! That’s a LOT! Isn’t it disappointing when you’re on the treadmill or something for like 15 minutes, and you look down and see you haven’t even worked off that banana you had earlier?!

So, I’m dreading my workout today: I’m doing 3 days in a row with my trainer. Tonight at 6pm, tomorrow at 2pm and Wednesday at 6 again. Thank goodness he said Thursday I’m OFF, and get to rest. By that point, I’ll be comatose anyway. Friday I have to weigh in early in the morning, and then I’ll have to be careful what I eat the rest of the day, because I’m thinking it will probably make me throw up. Soup is probably a good idea.

So, here’s the stats, folks: in 5 days, I’ve lost almost 7lbs. This week will be the biggest loss though, since I’m starting to flush all that water out. I’m noticing the most in my face- I’m kinda looking skeletal. If I wasn’t pale to begin with, people would think I’d just come off a bad flu virus! Take a look at the picture taken June 12 (6 days before I started this) and the picture I just took with my iPhone.

No, I don’t look very happy to be eating asparagus…AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...