09 June 2008

Let's get PUMPED!


Saturday night I entered a brave new world- a world of orange tans and speedos. A world of gigantic monsters and women that look like men. Yes, I went to a bodybuilding competition.


As far as bodybuilding competitions go, I'm in the novice category. That's to say, the closest I've ever come to bodybuilding is standing next to "muscle fitness" magazine in the checkout line of the pharmacy. BUT... my trainer has been working out and starving himself and dehydrating and tanning for MONTHS so I said I'd go and support him while he poses in his water panties.

Elizabeth, Dan and I went to the show in TriBeca: there were so many women there that looked like Chyna the wrestler, it was scary! All their boyfriends were short little muscle-y guys too, about 2 feet shorter than the "chicks" (and I use that word loosely) in their plastic clear platform shoes and lycra mini dresses. Again- it was all so very odd.


We really had FUN though, although Elizabeth pointed out that the competition would be even better enjoyed if she was drinking heavily. Then, Jay Cutler, who is 3 time Mr. Olympia came out as a "guest poser." This man was a monster! His legs are 31 inches each! That's like a PERSON on each leg! Unreal!
This guy (above) was 58 years old!! Can you believe it? Why don't they have female bodybuilders that are 58 years old?
And finally... (drumroll please) here's my trainer at the competition. Freakin' SICK, right?!
You know, I would've competed too but you know..uh... I'm just not very tan. Yeah... that's right...sure.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...