27 June 2008

Weight-ing it out...

I got up early this morning to make it to the gym at 8am for my weigh in. The winner won’t be announced until Monday, because contestants have until the end of the day today to get weighed but I’m very proud to say that I lost 11.7% !!! Speaking in lbs, this is about 24.6 lbs, over 8 weeks. The last week, with this asparagus dehydration thing, I lost 9lbs in 9 days!

I was pretty shaky this morning, on my way to the gym I felt pretty lightheaded from being so dehydrated. After my weigh in, I drank water, and then I felt way better. What was my first meal? You guessed it: an APPLE. And it was everything I’d hoped it would be!

Today I’ve eaten a yogurt for breakfast, cottage cheese for lunch, and I am drinking a protein shake now to get me through to dinner. Oh yeah, baby- I’ve already made plans of what my “celebration meal” would be: SUSHI! I’ve been dreaming of sushi for so long, and I’m saving up my calories so that I can eat mountains of it tonight!

It’s funny, cause people have commented that I’ve only really craved HEALTHY food- I guess now I realize that all that junk food might taste good, but it’s not really what your body craves and needs.

So, I’m going to take a break from blogging about diets and food and working out, because there’s a lot more to life than that, but I’ll keep you updated on how my workouts (and new attempts at spinning and yoga classes!) are turning out.
PS- THANK you for your comments and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...