30 June 2008

food hangover











First of all, Dan wants me to keep the other blog open so that he can show people pictures at work and stuff, so http://www.carmineanddan.blogspot.com/ WILL remain available, and you can continue to observe our life together in NYC. BUT, for all your mindless entertainment needs and to connect with me, keep reading this blog!

Now, let me start by saying it’s good to EAT again! I really appreciate the flavors of food more than I ever had! On Saturday, Dan and I got turkey sandwiches from the deli all the way out in Queens (we were picking up our car) and I was like, “this sandwich is REALLY good! We need to come back to this place!” Dan just laughed and said, “They’re not that great- you just haven’t had bread in 5 months!”

Friday night we celebrated by getting SUSHI- I ate 10 pieces of assorted sushi (eel, salmon, yellowtail, tuna) AND I ate TWO servings of spicy tuna rolls! It was a memorable moment, for sure! The next morning, my hands and feet were swollen like sausages because my body freaked out from all the salt, but it was WORTH IT!

Saturday we had a wedding in Staten Island (read more about that on my other blog) and Sunday we had brunch with Dan’s friend, Carol, who was in town from L.A. Carol brought a friend with her, Murphy, who is visiting NYC for the first time from Amsterdam. He is a model, and he’s here for some photo shoots. He was SO nice, and he said that his country loves Canadians. We were instant friends after THAT comment! :)

Sunday night was “family night” at our apartment- a bunch of friends come over on Sundays to hang out, play games or just talk. Kathryn brought a HUGE box of napoleans, cheesecakes, éclairs, and a huge strawberry cream cake, so it was GAME OVER for me! The sugar made me feel so sick, though, and this morning I swear it’s like having a junk food hangover. Ughh! All I want is water and fruit and healthy food! Back to the gym tonight! I had my weekend of pleasure, and that was enough to last me a LONG time. I can’t even THINK about eating junk food…blugggh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...