16 June 2008

It's veggie time!

Confession time: I had ice cream yesterday! (It was DELICIOUS!) Friday night, we were in NJ; I sang with a band called the Lifters for a private party in Hopewell. My brother, Nolan and Dan came out to the gig too! We played from 7-10:30, then we went to TGIFriday’s for food. I got soft fish tacos, NO sauce on them. Instead, I dipped them in salsa to save some calories. We spent the night in Philly at a hotel and took the jetta for inspection Saturday morning. What is it about a car dealership that makes it so hard to resist getting a new car? We only have 10 months left on our lease, so Dan would’ve killed me if I came back with a new car (and a new contract!) We were going to buy out the car at the end of the lease, but we’ve decided that we just don’t need a car anymore, and it’s a burden to have a vehicle in NYC. We rent a monthly parking $pot in Queens, and if you include insurance, car payment, GA$, inspections, and maintenance/oil changes, we’re paying about $800 just to drive it once or twice a month. We may as well just go without a car and if we need to drive somewhere, we’ll just rent a vehicle.

I ate pretty well the rest of the weekend- weekends away are always a challenge, because you’re not in a kitchen, preparing the meals for yourself. I just can’t get all my WATER in on the weekends! During the week, I try to drink at least a gallon of water a day, but on the weekends if I’m traveling, forget it! Saturday afternoon I was at the hair salon, getting my hair dyed RED! (oh yeah, and I LOVE it!) so Dan brought me a protein bar, and then we ate at (Gulp!) Pizza hut with Dan’s parents for dinner. I ordered thin crust pizza with pineapple, and only had 2 slices- it’s been so long since I ate pizza! No regrets!

Yesterday, for father’s day we went to Red Lobster. I had grilled haddock and broccoli. So even though I didn’t eat THAT bad this weekend, I gotta get back on my hard core regime TODAY! The weigh in is just 2 weeks away, so it’s down to the real deal now. I had oatmeal for breakfast, cottage cheese for a snack, and I’m eating a salad for lunch. Then I’ll have a banana before my workout tonight. Starting on Wednesday, I’ll be carb cutting back to just basically chicken and asparagus, and 2 gallons of water a day until my weigh in on the 27th! This is CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...